Harry Potter Sorting Hat
You must sign up at least 1 week prior to class starting to ensure you get the kit in time.
Puppetry + Electronics= Amazing
Full Course Length: 6 classes
Session 1 Dates: Thursdays, 7-9PM CT, April 15th- May 20th
Session 2 Dates: Thursdays, 7-9PM CT, May 27th- July 1
Individual Projects: 1 or 2 classes each. Each Project in the class can be taken on its own.
Class 1 and 2- Basic Circuits/Hand Puppet- April 15/22 or May 27/June3
Class 3- Piranha Plant Rod Puppet- April 29 or June 10
Class 4- Mermaid in a Jar Toy Theatre- May 6 or June 17
Class 5 and 6 Harry Potter Sorting Hat Mouth Puppet- May 13/20 or June 24/July1
Light Up Hand Puppet
Piranha Plant Rod Puppet
Mermaid in a Jar Toy Theatre
Calling all makers, this online class is for you! Join Sea Beast and discover how to integrate electronics into your puppetry designs, soft sculpture, and more. In this exciting and interactive online class, you will have the opportunity to explore and create working circuits through hands on projects. Students will be provided with and learn to use conductive thread, conductive tape, and conductive fabric.
During the series students will make a series of craft tools to help troubleshoot problems and 4 puppets: light up eyes, piranha plant rod puppet, mermaid in a jar toy theatre, and a light up Harry Potter sorting hat hand puppet. Students will need to purchase a materials kit that will include all the electronics and fabric supplies necessary to complete all the class projects. Basic crafting staples (glue, scotch tape, paper) and tools (pencils, scissors, sewing rulers) will need to be provided by the students.
Each project can be taken on it’s own but some will start an hour early to cover basic circuit knowledge. Visit our registration page to see all the options.
All pertinent skills to complete the projects will be taught and previous experience in electronic or puppet making is not required. However, this class should be thought of as intermediate in level. If you have any questions please feel free to ask.
Course Class List:
1) Let’s learn circuitry! - What is a circuit and how does it work?We will make sample circuits and creative tools for
checking our circuitry work. Conductive tape.
2) How to thread a needle. Light up Hand Puppet- Basic hand sewing with conductive thread.
3) Mario Brothers Piranha Plant Rod Puppet- Conductive Tape/Thread.
4) Mermaid in a Jar Toy theatre - Conductive Tape/Thread.
5) Sorting Hat project day 1- Students will start making a sorting hat hand puppet that lights up in 4 colors.
6) Sorting Hat project day 2- Students will start making a sorting hat hand puppet that lights up in 4 colors.